The What: This Week in Southwest Connecticut
The What is your look around southwest Connecticut for the week of August 28.
This week’s version of The What is a little abbreviated, as we’re working on a few other projects over here. We look forward to having a regular version again next week—on Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday.
Here’s some of our previous coverage our new subscribers (hi!) might not have seen just yet.
- A look at what’s in each community’s budget in 2022-23 in southwest Connecticut
- The launch of our series: Exploring the Long Island Sound
- Exploring how construction projects along I-95 could impact the region
- Our series examining the mental health crisis in southwest Connecticut
And here’s a look at what’s happening around the region this week.
- Tuesday, August 30: Planning Board at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Land Use/Urban Redevelopment Committee at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30: Board of Health at 8 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Water Pollution Control Authority Special Meeting at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Mayor’s Water Quality Committee at 6 p.m. | Economic and Community Development Committee of the Common Council at 7 p.m. | Shellfish Commission at 7:15 p.m.
There will be a special joint meeting of the Board of Selectmen, Representative Town Meeting, and Board of Finance on Wednesday, August 31 at 5:30 p.m. to hear a presentation from town officials and its environmental attorney on the status of the remediation efforts and receive an update on Penfield Pavilion.
- Monday, August 29: Special Projects Standing Building Committee at 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30: Board of Education at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31: Police Commission at 8:30 a.m. | Inland Wetlands Agency at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Economic Development Commission at 8:30 a.m. | Zoning Board of Appeals at 3 p.m.
- Friday, Sept 2: Sustainable Fairfield Food and Waste Committee at 8 a.m.
- Monday, August 29: Special Board of Education Executive Session on Safety and Security at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Planning and Zoning Commission Greenscape Committee at 1 p.m. | Conservation Commission at 7 p.m. | Affordable Housing Trust Board and Advisory Council at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30: RTM–Public Works at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Police Commission at 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 29: Board of Education at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31: RTM Finance, Health & Human Services, Library & Arts, Park & Rec and Public Works Committees at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: TEAM Westport at 8 a.m.
Please note: All of these agendas and information here are current as of Sunday night. Meeting times and agendas may get adjusted throughout the week.
Thank you for reading!
If you are interested in being a part of our reporting or just want to share your thoughts, please reach out at email@example.com.
Have a great week,
Founder, Reporter at Coastal Connecticut Times